The best thing about remodelling your house is the number of options available. While some focus more on the interior areas, upgrading or expanding your exterior can shake things up and add curb appeal to your home. Today, many homeowners are becoming increasingly creative on how they can maximise space and improve their exterior.
One popular option today is the use of transportable homes Perth residents prefer. Check out how these container houses can add value to your property.
Choose the right design for your home
You can look for customised services to match the overall design of your home—from the traditional look to contemporary spaces or a combination of both, experts and contractors have become more efficient with their layouts to accommodate different needs. The first thing you need to consider is the space available. Of course, the size and shape of your container home depend on the floor area.
Check the local building code
Before you plan to build this home feature, be sure to set clear objectives. What is the purpose of this additional feature? Are you planning to use it as an additional conservatory personal space? Always consult a professional to make sure everything is in order. Check the local building codes for modular homes. Prepare all the necessary documents and make sure to comply with the requirements.
Consider the materials
Check the quality of materials needed. Consider the weather conditions for best results. A reputable service provider should know the best construction project in your area. This includes the right flooring, choosing the right windows, and the right roofing system. Frame production is essential, as this determines how durable the foundation is.
If you’re serious about this new home-addition project, hire the best contractors in your area. Start searching online. Check out their website and observe their previous projects. Compare the rates they offer and make sure they are registered.
21 Nov 2014
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that the demand for nurses in America will continue to increase by 26% by 2020. As the country’s population gets older and various treatment options become more available, experts say that the demand for skilled nurses will only continue to grow stronger each year.
Here are the top 5 nursing specialties that are and will be in demand in the next 10 years:
1. Nursing Anesthetist
Nursing anesthetist are professionals who specialize in administering anesthesia to patients. They coordinate closely with surgeons, dentists, anesthesiologists, and podiatrists to make sure that the administration of numbing drugs are safe and effective.
There is a high demand for nurse anesthetists, particularly those who have a master’s degree. The typical salary ranger for these professionals hovers at around $135,000 per year. If you want to pursue this career, there are many nursing schools in Salt Lake City offering a bachelor’s degree program in the same, which will prepare you for graduate school.
2. Dialysis Nurse
Because of the large baby boomer population and growing number of individuals requiring acute dialysis, nurses that specialize in this specific field are in-demand. Hospitals and health centers look for acute and chronic dialysis nurses who have peritoneal dialysis (PD) skills. The average salary for this position is currently at $63,000 annually.
3. Nurse Midwife
Labor and delivery nurses are professionals who provide healthcare for women during pregnancy. Care is provided from delivery until the latter stages of the postpartum period. Experts say that those who have a master of science in nursing have an edge compared to others. Nurse midwives are needed in hospitals, clinics, and even homes. $84,000 is the average salary for these professionals.
If you’re still in the phase of contemplating which specialization is right for you, these booming nursing specialties may give you an idea of the promising options you have. It might require making a few sacrifices along the way, but the future is bright for nurses everywhere.
20 Nov 2014
People tend to appreciate the importance of having a school uniform, but not many think about why it is important for it to be stylish and attractive, too. Though it might seem frivolous at first, there are some notable advantages to having a dress code that students will actually enjoy following.
Here are some reasons you may want to consider updating the stock in your school uniform shop, and the benefits the school could enjoy in return.
1. Branding – A good uniform works wonders for a school’s image and prestige, since it is instantly recognisable. It also sends a message that the school is modern, clean, and professional. Many campuses stand out from the competition partly because of their uniforms, and it might even play a large part in why some students choose to enrol there.
2. Pride – Students like looking good, and this doesn’t change even when they have to wear a uniform. When students like what they wear, it builds a strong sense of belonging and community. School pride has multiple benefits, and it is important to encourage it whenever possible.
3. Attitude – Experts observe that there is a significant correlation between wearing uniforms and good behaviour in academics, which is more pronounced when the uniform is attractive. Students perform better in their studies, there are fewer rule violations, and they carry themselves like respectable professionals. This is not just good for the school, but for the children’s future as well.
4. Environment – Related to the above, having a more orderly student populace has a direct effect on the kind of environment that the school fosters. Classes are quieter, cleaner, and more productive. Everyone tends to interact like equals, and it removes socioeconomic barriers and peer pressure. In short, people tend to be much more focused on actually learning.
There is no longer a need for drab, boring uniforms in any campus. If students are going to be wearing the same thing day in and day out, schools should at least make sure that it looks good.
18 Nov 2014
Year after year, the competition for digital marketing increases. Managing a company website changes significantly, as the contemporary methods prove to be more effective than the traditional. With different agencies around, experts urge to make a shortlist of competitive ones.
The team from Alyka.com.au, a digital agency in Perth, mentioned that “Every business aims to gain more customers and provide the highest quality services.” That is why each service provider offers something unique in their work. Still, there are those who prove to be more competitive than the others.
Has the Extensive Experience
You know you found the right contractor if they can present you with case studies of projects they have done before that feature similar goals as yours. These should include specific details and information of their strategy and result. If they cannot show anything, do not risk your brand as their training tool.
Knows What Digital Success Is
Digital marketing is not mainly about social success. If they started their sales pitch with the volume of likes, shares, and follows they can yield for your site, then you know it is a dead end. Only competitive agencies know and understand the true meaning of digital success.
Uses Understandable Words
In addition, competitive agencies do not mention complex strategies you barely understand. If they start telling you unfamiliar terms and methods, do not be amazed. Chances are, they are just selling you telltale services far from their capabilities. Pitching in the price rate before they even ask or know what your business needs is also a sign that you should turn them down immediately.
Introduces the Whole Team
Competitive contractors let you meet the whole team who will be working for your site. It is important that you get to know them because you will be handling most of the responsibilities of managing the digital marketing to them. See to it that these people are not subcontractors.
The best way to know about the competitiveness of a company is by looking at their background. Most of their members are probably on social media sites, giving you easy access to a lot of information. Plus, you can see how well they write and how often they publish on their very own blog. You can ask your friends or someone you know for a referral of a good digital agency.
When you were young, you may have tried to imitate the good manners of adults you usually interacted with. You emulated the way they spoke. You held up your glass as though it was a goblet, and you might have done your best to exhibit good manners, so you’d be complimented and allowed to join their circle. You wanted to be cultured, and you couldn’t wait to grow up.
Now that you are an adult, you have realised that trying to become a cultured person can be a difficult endeavour. Your perspective might have changed, and you have unconsciously neglected your pursuit to become a more refined person. It is not too late to go back on track. If you want to continue that pursuit, no one is stopping you from starting again.
Below are some tips to help you with your pursuit:
Vary the Types of Books You Read
Reading is an essential activity in improving your perspective. If you confine yourself to one particular genre, you miss out a lot on the valuable insights you could have received from reading the works outside your vector. If you are a fan of modern graphic novels, give yourself a breather by poring over the classics. Magazines are also a good place to start. Time, The New Yorker, and The London Magazine should be included in your stash.
Travel a Lot
If you do not move, you will be stuck in one place. And that means not getting to see the beautiful things of the world. Travelling allows you to explore other cultures, and it makes you realise that the peoples of the world are different and the same all at once. Travelling is much easier today because of booking companies. For instance, you can explore Vancouver in 48 hours with the help of 48hoursvisit.com.
Take an Interest in the Arts
Art is one of the most important aspects of mankind’s past and identity. It gives you a peek on the lifestyle of people in the past. It is the tangible form of the immortalised sentiments, ideas and ideals. Visit different galleries. Watch the films you have never seen before. Listen to the music you have never heard before. Just remember to vary the genre.
Most importantly, remember that being cultured is about becoming a more open person. To give your pursuit a direction, define the things you want to learn; you can never learn everything.
14 Nov 2014
Selling a home is difficult enough to count as a full time job, and considering how much money is involved, it’s not something you want to mess up either. This is why getting an experienced realtor is so important. But you might be wondering: just how exactly do they help?
Their job doesn’t end with just listing your home on a website. Good realtors will stick with you from start to finish, and handle the following.
1. Pricing – Properly pricing a home is much harder than you would think, and this is one of the most important duties your agent has. Set it too high, and the house will sit on the market gathering dust. Too low, and you don’t get the money you deserve. Good realtors know exactly how much a house can really sell for.
2. Staging – Chances are, your home is currently not that impressive to potential buyers. You will probably have to clean up, hide family photos, and get rid of some excess furniture to make the house look larger. To make the best impression on buyers, thorough home staging is crucial. An agent can help with this as well or at least recommend an expert who can.
3. Advertising –This is where they truly shine. Finding buyers is what realtors like The Real Estate Group excel at, and they do this through multiple ways. From listing your home to speaking directly with people in their network, agents give you access to a much larger pool of prospects.
4. Showing –Once you have interested buyers, you might not want to be the one to show them around the home. After all, you have other responsibilities to take care of. Realtors know how to emphasize the best strengths of your home, and get potential buyers excited.
5. Negotiating – Finally, realtors are professionals that have sold countless properties. With that much experience, they can easily negotiate to get the best price for your home. This by itself already pays for their services, and you can be confident that you will walk away with the better deal.
With these benefits, it’s almost foolish to try selling a home without professional help. Getting a realtor makes things much easier for you, and will help you get the most value from your property.
13 Nov 2014
When it comes to online business, visibility is everything. If you are not visible enough, you lower your chances of becoming successful. For this reason, marketers have to come up with effective ways to bring their products and services to the forefront.
Social media is perhaps today’s most powerful tool for marketing purposes. As it is arguably the best way to reach peers, customers, and potential customers alike, it would be foolish not to incorporate it into your overall business strategy.
Below is a list of social media’s inherent benefits while making you visible to the buying public:
• Brand Recognition
Service providers specializing in social media give marketers a distinct voice to establish their brand. It is also a more personalized tone that is easier for audiences to embrace. This is especially important if you are still in the start-up stage and have yet to distinguish yourself from your competition.
• Brand Loyalty
More than attracting potential customers in, you need to turn them into loyal patrons. Social media marketing specialists will tell you that business should never a one-and-done deal. Having customers repeat transactions with you is the key to sustaining your brand.
• Brand Reach
Just like any good marketing scheme, you want to reach the widest audience possible. You can easily achieve this through increased social media presence. There is no other platform in the modern age that is as far reaching and as culturally relevant as social media platforms.
• Branding Costs
The use of social media decreases marketing costs. In fact, even paid advertising through the most relevant social media platforms costs significantly less than traditional marketing methods. This affords even small, start-up companies the opportunity to have a leg up in the market.
• Customer Experience
There is no other tool that provides richer customer interaction than social media. It is quick and easy. In addition, it provides potential customers with a good idea of how excellent your service can be. When customers make complaints or suggestions about your product, social media makes it easier to address these issues.
Social media is a far-reaching tool that has enough sway among consumers. Every business has to make its presence felt to be successful.
Now that you are engaged, it is time for one of the most fun parts that lead up to the wedding. Selecting your wedding bands is an exciting, but sometimes overwhelming task. One of the biggest questions you will probably ask is what precious metal to use for the composition.
Assuming you do not like the unique appearance of yellow or rose gold, the choice between white gold and platinum is still not an easy one, despite how similar they appear to be.
1. Looks – Which precious metal looks better depends entirely on your own opinion, but there is one important rule to keep in mind. You should make sure to choose the same metal you used with the engagement ring. But why?
Although white gold and platinum look similar, they are not exactly the same. The difference is quite obvious when you place them side by side; you will notice that platinum is slightly grayish, while gold has a more silvery look.
2. Cost – This is where gold wins, hands down. Shop and buy jewelry at aaajewelryutah.com or any other store, and you will notice that there is a significant difference in price. Platinum is much more rare, which results in a higher cost. You can use the savings from choosing white gold towards your wedding, or for a more extravagant engagement ring.
3. Maintenance – The maintenance needs of both metals are fairly minimal, so you can safely disregard this when making your choice. You will need to replate white gold every few years in rhodium, and many jewelers offer this service at an affordable price. Platinum will eventually need professional shining to regain its original luster, but some people actually prefer allowing it to gain its own patina over time.
4. Durability – When you consider that these rings are meant to last a lifetime, durability should definitely be one of your top priorities. In general, platinum rings are stronger and heavier than their gold counterparts. This is especially important if either of you work in a physically demanding job, and need a ring that can stand up to occasional wear and tear.
5. Significance – You might be the type of couple to consider cultural significance as important. If so, gold has long been the symbol of wealth, prestige, and eternal appeal. Platinum, on the other hand, has a much more modern image. Many people think of it as the “new gold”, and that it is somehow superior. Again, this comes down to personal preference.
It is important to choose wedding bands that both of you will be happy with for years to come, so keep the above points in mind when choosing what metal to use.
There’s one fact about having a business you should not forget: haters are here to stay. No matter how brilliant your business is, the world will never run out of hecklers and people who have something to say against your brand. If you’re a budding businessperson, chances are you’ll lose sleep by thinking of ways to stop them. The truth is you can never stop them. You can only handle them.
Haters usually invade business pages online, and dealing with them is not as easy as hiding their posts or ignoring them. There are two types of haters online; the first one is the customer who tells the truth and the other one includes those who just want to detract you for no particular reasons, such as trolls and posers. For the former, it’s important that you listen to what they have to say. For the latter, investigate carefully before banning them from the page.
Skyrush Marketing, a reliable marketing agency, offers some tips on how you can handle your detractors.
Before you complain that you have haters, listen to what these people have to say. Half of the time, haters tell the truth; they help you with your blind spots. They may find something faulty in your business that affects other customers. So, you need to address their issues very carefully.
Don’t let emotions blind you when dealing with your haters. Remember, the whole world is watching online, and what you say will reflect on the reputation of the business. Approach the haters objectively and never resort to sarcasm.
Focus on the Real Patrons
The power of haters lies in numbers. If you have fewer fuming haters than raving fans, it’ll be wise not to waste your time fretting over what these hecklers say. Instead, focus your attention on your real patrons. They’re your real brand advocates.
Accept You Have Haters
You can’t make everyone like you. And trying to force your haters to love you is an exercise in futility. If you want to convert them into followers, don’t stop being objective in your response. If that doesn’t work, accept that haters are here to stay.
The world will never run out of haters, and these haters will never run out of things to say. It’s normal; even Apple and Microsoft have legions of hecklers. The best that you can do is to let them co-exist with your business and continue improving your own commercial efforts.
The frosty air of winter is starting to make its presence felt across the UK, and for many families, it is the perfect time to start planning for the holidays. Fortunately, when you are in the UK, your options are endless.
There are many places in Britain that transform into a winter wonderland come December. It is a waste not to visit them and experience something different this Christmas. If you have not planned your itinerary yet, let this be your guide:
Bath is a modern city bathed in old world glory. It serves as the perfect backdrop as you walk around and explore the streets. If the Georgian architecture is still not enough for you, you can treat yourself to its famous baths. Plus, you can easily find a boutique bed and breakfast Bath residents usually go to.
Head over to the beached of North Cornwall if you are looking for an adrenalin-filled adventure. Surfing and swimming during Christmas is a tradition for locals. After plunging into the cold waters, warm up next to an open fire with your family.
York is another Christmas haven that should be part of your holiday itinerary. Roam the streets and see all the beautiful lights that adorn the place. You can also shop at the Christmas markets and find a unique present for your loved ones.
Finally, relive your childhood by heading to Edinburgh during the Christmas holidays. Make sure to book a ticket to Santa Land, and get to try all rides there. To cap your visit, shop your heart out at the Christmas markets that locals flock to every year.
Christmas is a great time to take a break from your daily routine. With the many wonderful places to visit in the UK, you can surely have a great experience with your family and make more memories.